A DevOps engineer’s roles and responsibilities are a combination of technical and management roles. It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner and deliver the responsibilities to the customer’s satisfaction.
The DevOps engineer’s responsibilities are multi-prong – they need to be agile enough to wear a technical hat and manage operations simultaneously.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
This job is dedicated for a person that has the ability to work with different systems (Linux, Windows) at the same time and be able to adept fast using different technologies.
Summary of duties and responsibilities are listed below.
- Designed tools for managing the infrastructure and programmed clean & re-usable simple codes.
- Developed codes for extensive test coverage, performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment.
- Worked on various platforms with different programming languages and supported the production cluster management system.
- Configured server images, optimized the task performance in correspondence with the engineers
You will be performing various tasks. Which we tried to list below in more detail.
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Requirements & Skills
Summary of requirements and skills we have defined for this role are defined below.
- Hands on experience in networking security, databases and cloud systems
- Profound knowledge in various scripting languages, system & server administration and mass system deployments
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programing languages, cloud platform deployment and networking protocols
- Outstanding knowledge in release engineering, creating tools for engineering organization for performance optimization
For those who like the extra mile we have gathered some more details for you.
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, MSSQL
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Education & Experience
- Experience developing engineering applications for a medium or large corporation
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and civil engineering preferred
- Experience working together with remote to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization
As a successful Devops Engineer you possess excellent strategizing techniques. You enjoy collaborating with others and have above-average communication skills. If you are curious, intelligent and motivated we are very happy to meet you and offer you a professional work environment, good salary and friendly colleagues.Looking forward to your application and happy to meet you in person